There are plenty of traditional marketing hold-out’s out there who aren’t buying all of the social media hype or can’t convince their bosses or marketing teams to experiment in the brave new world of Inbound/New Media marketing.
So, here are 7 stats that are sure to be eye-openers, if not total mind-changers.
• 78% of Internet users conduct product research online.
• In the past year, Web-based email usage dropped a staggering 59% among 12-17 year olds,
• 78% of business people use their mobile device to check email.
• 40% of US Smartphone owners compare prices on their mobile device while in-store, shopping for an item.
• 200 Million Americans have registered on the FTC’s “Do Not Call” list.
• 91% of email users have unsubscribed from a company email they previously opted-in to.
• 84% of 25-34 year-olds have left a favorite website because of intrusive or irrelevant advertising.
The real question becomes this: are you going to embrace this change and transform costly, low-yielding traditional marketing programs into finely-tuned lead generation machines using traditional marketing with New Media techniques?
Alternatively, are you going to risk becoming irrelevant? Trust me, if you don’t like change, you’re going to like irrelevancy even less.